This March, do something amazing #forsickkids. Support the 28th annual Bandaged Bear Appeal.
In their time of need, The Children’s Hospital at Westmead is there for sick kids. They rely on doctors, nurses and researchers for help. They rely on you for hope.
Running from 1 – 31 March, the Bandaged Bear Appeal is our signature fundraising appeal, helping to raise vital funds for brave patients, like five- year-old Bandaged Bear Appeal Ambassador, Jacinta.
Jacinta was born with a rare and extreme form of brittle bone disease known as Osteogenesis Imperfecta and has relied heavily on the Hospital for treatment since birth. Read her story here.
Your support of the Bandaged Bear Appeal makes it possible to continue providing world-class care and treatment to thousands of children like Jacinta every year.
Getting involved is easy! You can:
- Hold a fundraising event in your school, community or workplace
- Order merchandise to sell at your event, school, workplace or to friends and family
- Become a corporate partner and show your support through your workplace
- Buy merchandise throughout March from the fundraising desk at The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Volunteer with us at one of our many events throughout the month
- Make a donation
Over the month, there are a number of events held throughout the community to support the Appeal, to find out more about these events click here.
Ideas on how to get your event started can be found on our event planning page. A number of free Bandaged Bear Appeal resources are also available for you to download including posters, bunting and colouring in.
All funds raised throughout the Appeal go towards purchasing the most advanced medical equipment, funding vital research and delivering services that are central to the wellbeing of patients and families.
Like more information?
Email us or call 1800 770 122