Bandaged Bear Appeal
Every March, do something amazing #forsickkids
Every moment a child spends in hospital is a moment they are missing from their childhood. But this March, you can help change that.
Throughout March, the Bandaged Bear Appeal will be raising vital funds for The Children’s Hospital at Westmead so doctors and nurses can give children the chance to spend more of their childhood with their family and friends and less time in hospital.
With the help of the community, the Bandaged Bear Appeal is hoping to raise more than $1 million to go towards funding the very latest medical equipment, lifesaving research and essential services for sick kids and their families, just like:
Hospital became home for four-year-old Jacob last year when a one-in-a-million viral infection took hold of his tiny body. Jacob was left him relying of the specialist care of the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit and has since amazed everyone with his incredible recovery. Read his story.
Two-year-old Ayla has known nothing but hospitals for most of her short life. Born with biliary atresia, she has already been through countless blood tests, several hospital stays and two liver transplants. Read her story.
Nine-year-old Blair has lived with nausea, malnutrtion, migraines and overall pain for the last five years of his life. Despite numerous tests, doctors couldn't pinpoint what was causing Blair's condition. That was until last year. Read his story.
Want to help give sick kids the best childhood possible? Here's how:
- Buy merchandise from volunteers at select Sydney train stations and landmarks on Bandaged Bear Day (Friday 28 February) or online.
- Sell Bandaged Bear Appeal merchandise at your school or workplace
- Host your own Bandaged Bear Picnic #forsickkids. Need ideas? We have all the inspitation you'll need.
- Gift merchandise to your guests at your next wedding / christening / celebration
- Get your friends and family to sponsor you for an upcoming event (see events below)
- Make a donation today
To register your picnic or fundraising event, contact Katrina Topfer.
Want to volunteer?
If you would like to volunteer to help sell merchandise on Bandaged Bear Day, contact Kylie Elliott.