Terms & Conditions
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- In recognition of the risk of injury while participating in the 2020 Race 4 Grace, and as consideration for the right to participate in the Event, I hereby for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, assigns, or personal representatives knowingly and voluntarily enter into this waiver and release of liability (Agreement) and hereby waive any and all rights, claims or causes of action of any kind whatsoever arising out of my participation in the Event, and do hereby release and forever discharge Event and its affiliates, managers, members, agents, attorneys, employees, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns, business and its affiliates, managers, members, agents, attorneys, employees, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns, the event site and its agents, attorneys, employees, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns and all sponsors and/or beneficiaries or associated organisations of the Event (collectively Hosts) from any and all liability, claims, demands, damages, actions, or causes of action now existing or which hereinafter may arise as a result of my participation in the Event, whether any injury is caused by the negligence of the Hosts, the negligence of myself or third parties, the conditions of the course or any other cause.
- I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Hosts against any and all claims, suits or actions of any kind whatsoever for liability, damages, compensation or otherwise brought by me or anyone on my behalf, including attorneys fees, if litigation arises on account of claims made by me or anyone on my behalf.
- I attest that I am physically fit and have trained sufficiently for the Event, and that a licensed medical doctor has recently verified my physical condition. I will not knowingly push beyond my physical limits at any time during the Event.
- I recognize that various photographs, video recordings, and other media will be taken during the Event. I agree to grant the Hosts full permission to use any photographs, video recordings, or other media of the Event that contain my likeness for the purpose of promoting Race 4 Grace (the organization) or the Event, or for any purpose deemed appropriate by the organization.
- I acknowledge that this Agreement is the entire agreement between the Hosts and me, and that this Agreement cannot be modified or changed in any way by representations or statements of the Host or by me.
- I hereby declare that I have read and fully understand this Agreement in its entirety and that, by signing below; I assent to all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for choosing to fundraise for Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation (SCHF). We are delighted to have you join the team. Your support will help change the lives of sick and injured children.
When you register your fundraiser and accept the terms and conditions below, we will issue you with an official authorisation to fundraise on behalf of SCHF (which will expire on one month after your event). You will then be authorised to organise a fundraising activity on behalf of SCHF and communicate to the public that proceeds from your activity will be donated to us.
To help make sure that you are fundraising legally, please read and follow the conditions below, as well as follow the NSW Department of Fair Trading Conditions for Charitable Fundraising Authorities.
In fundraising for SCHF, you are agreeing to:
- Gain approval and sign off for any correspondence, advertising, publicity or literature for the event, copy or design that mentions The Children's Hospital at Westmead or Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation, before progressing to print, broadcast, or production.
- Direct all media enquiries to your contact at Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation.
- Not use the name or logo of Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation in a way which could damage our reputation.
- Send all funds you raise to SCHF in a timely manner so we can start putting them to good use. You can send these in the form of a cheque or cash, or you can deposit directly into our account. This needs to be accompanied by all the relevant paperwork relating to your fundraising.
- Please make any cheques payable to Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation Pty Ltd. Post them to us at The Community Fundraising Team, Sydney Children’s Hospital Foundation, Locked Bag 9002, Westmead NSW 2145 or direct deposit to Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation BSB: 062 230, Account number: 1133 1137, using your authority number as the reference.
- Minimise expenses, to make sure as much money as possible can be used to help sick and injured children. By law, you must not exceed expenses of 50% of gross income from the activity and you should aim to fall well within this limit.
- Not use any funds from auctions, raffles or donations to offset the costs of the event. You may use funds from ticket sales and sponsorship agreements to cover costs.
- Please note: any donations to your fundraising over $2 are tax-deductible. Auction items, sponsorship, tickets to events, raffle tickets or any instances where the donor receives something in return are NOT tax-deductible and a receipt will not be issued
- Understand that SCHF will not pay invoices relating to expenses resulting from your activity, but our team is happy to discuss and advise you of the management of such expenses.
- Be responsible for obtaining public liability insurance for your event. SCHF does not carry liability insurance on behalf of our fundraisers.